Butternut Squash Risotto | 2011 Chardonnay (November 2015)
Another fall staple, this creamy risotto pairs perfectly with our crisp 2011 Chardonnay.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled, seeded, diced to 1/2" cubes)
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 3/4 cup vialone nano (or arborio rice)
- 1/2 cup white wine (2011 Chardonnay)
- 6 cups broth (2 porcini dadi)
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 2 tablespoons prezimolo (Italian flat leaf parsley chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sage (finely chopped)
Heat the olive oil and saute the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the butternut squash and saute an additional 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir until opaque (6-8 minutes). Add the white wine and simmer while stirring until evaporated. Add 1/2 of the broth and bring to a boil. Simmer 18 minutes from this point, stirring and adding broth as necessary. The amount of broth specified should be appropriate, but use care not to add too much. Stir in the parmegiano-reggiano (save a bit for topping), parsely, sage and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for a few minutes. Serve topped with parmegiano-reggiano.
- Date Published: 11/06/2015
- Categories: Chardonnay